The professional training plans have been developed in collaboration with some of the most experienced coaches, namely Ingo Filzwieser, Gimme Krafts’ Dicky Korb and Patrik Matros, Patxi Usobiaga and Duncan Brown from Athlete By Choice. These training plans transform cutting edge knowledge into detailed instructions for a complete training cycle.
The training plans target a variety of specific goals:
Hangboarding is an intense exercise; do it with professional guidance to avoid injuries and improve safely.
Paired with the app, the plans give you detailed, step-by-step instructions to keep you on track.
The training plans are designed to address a variety of training goals, from finger strength to power endurance to lock-off strength. Set your climbing goals, select a plan and start training to reach your goals.
No! The training plans are adapted for all levels. Completing the Level-Check will provide information as to which level is right for you.
The Zlagboard app provides a total of 24 plans, covering all training goals, from pure strength to power endurance. Set your goal, select the right plan, and start the journey to stronger fingers today.Get Pro Plans for 2.99 €
• Use a bigger hold or holds to achieve the suggested hang-times or repetitions
• Place your feet on a chair to take weight off your fingers
• Use a piece of rope or therapy band for assistance
• The more complex exercises are described either in the training plan description or in a separate document linked at the bottom of the description
• Make sure to read the descriptions before starting your plan. Once you begin a session, you should know how each exercise is done.
• You may not feel significantly stronger after a week or two of training. The full effect of your training will only show 1-2 weeks after the end of your plan.
• It is key to stick to your plan and try to complete every session to the best of your ability. Don't push through a session if you feel overly tired or experience pain.
• Plan your training schedule accordingly to meet your climbing goals.
• You can start a training session within 48 hours of its scheduled date. Try to respect the suggested rest days in between sessions. Your body will thank you.
• Do not hang passively with relaxed shoulders!
• Make sure your fingers are warmed up well before starting.
• Tension your shoulders before every hang, but keep the arms straight in order to train the forearm muscles.
• Regular training on the Zlagboard helps to prevent finger injuries.
• It is best to train 4-6 hours before climbing training.
• Don’t do a hangboard workout right before or after climbing training.